Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Tiger Lilies are heavenly


Just back from a short bittersweet, but heavenly escape. I spent the past four days on an island with my family. The Tiger Lilies were in full bloom everywhere. I took these pictures as the sun was setting. My Mother was hospitalized at nearly the last minute and unable to make the retreat with us, a trip she wanted so babdly to experience. I spent the days between bliss and horror in my mind, enjoying my surroundings and children in an absolutely lovely setting. It was wonderful, but I was constantly battling to stay in the moment and cherish the present and not let my mind wonder to my Mother's inevitable outcome. Terminal cancer is mean, and steals the quality of "sweet time" that we all hope we have enough of. I walk an invisible line of sympathy, empathy and an inability to deny the inevitable. It is so tiring. I ache all over.
But, it is life and in heaven I believe. And, I think we just may have experienced a little bit of heaven this week. I can't wait to share more photos here on my blog and with Mom. :)

5 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the light. I'm glad you had some wonderful time away with your family. My thoughts are with you, my dad died of an aggressive cancer 5 years ago. He died far too young at 58 but I'm so glad I have wonderful memories of sweet times we spent together and conversations we had in the final weeks. Enjoy this time and make lasting memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear about your mother. Your get away, while bittersweet, was probably very needed. Your shots are beautiful.

    Darryl and Ruth :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely images! The light is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful shots!

    My thoughts and prayers are with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have captured a bit of heavenly light in your second shot! So sorry to hear of your family's trials. Cancer is so insidious.

    ReplyDelete