Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Before and After with Pixel Perfect

I am excited to join in with:http://www.pixelperfectblog.com/ for Before and After, so glad I did not miss it this week. This is a recent photo I took of my moody 14 year old son. I sharpened first his eyes to add a little drama and then turned the photo black and white playing with sharpness and contrast. I decided to then posterize the picture slightly. I like how that effect can make photos look 3D. I took this with my canon rebel with my 50mm lens with an f-stop of 1.8 which is why only one eye is truly in focus and the photo is so up close. He gave me 4 photos and refused to smile. He's just tolerating me here. Can't you tell. :)


1 comment:

  1. I'd rather get a stoic look than the goofy faces my 13 year old tries!

    Very nice though.... quite the handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete