Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Friday, June 5, 2009

In Her Daughter's Eyes

Yesterday I went on a field trip with my fourth graders class.
One little girl with the most incredible eyes let me photograph them. Both her eyes are similar and you can't help but look twice when you notice the two-tone light brown and cool blue color . I have seem people with one eye like this but not both. They really are a thing of beauty, but not without irony. Her parents are both deaf and her mother is almost blind. She is an outgoing girl, quite talkative, but with a voice not unlike a deaf person's who has never heard sound clearly, although she has no disability herself. I can't help but wonder if it is nature's way of evening the score. A deaf and blind woman has a pefectly healthy child; and with extraordinarily beautiful eyes. Eyes that the woman will only ever see in her mind's eye.
A. was so pleased that I took these pictures and couldn't wait to tell her teacher. I promised to make her a copy and she giggled with delight and let everyone around her know. Ofcourse I took several other eye pictures as well that day. No one felt left out or any less beautiful.

1 comment: