Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Mommy's Boy

I am the lucky mother of three sons.
While they are each unique and all ideal boys for a mother to love, my middle son is often impulsively kind to me. He will often thank me when I set his plate of eggs and toast down on our cluttered kitchen island for him to quickly eat. He is not a morning person, last one up groggy and often grouchy. When I give him a quick kiss and say have a good day it is not unusual for him to say " You have a good day too mom" or to inquire about my day after he tells me that his was fine. Today he picked a pansy for me and placed it behind my ear as I was busy taking photographs and trying on my new shoes. " Can I take your picture mom you look so pretty" he wondered aloud. It was late in the day and I had yet to shower, played a ballgame earlier in the morn with my youngest son's team and then had a picnic, driven my older son around, done a little impulsive shopping, made dinner, cleaned up, msc. housekeeping, etc. " I don't think I look too pretty right now," I kind of muttered. I forgot about the flower. A little later I caught a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror and I had a beautiful purle pansy behind my ear. It sure looked pretty, and so did I sort of, certainly in my 10 year old's eyes anyway. I was overcome with his thoughtfulness for a moment and quickly took this self portrait.
He will make a great husband one day, I am sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment