Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Beautiful Birches







I took some photos later afternoon yesterday in my yard. I was trying to capture the changing seasons for the "you capture challenge" this week. The weather was ideal for this as the sun was just beginning to set. I could hear the bus pulling up in the front of the house dumping the kids off, a sudden burst of chattering and my youngest son scampering in the house as fast as his legs could carry him. This is typical. He misses me. By the time I rounded the side of the house I could hear him inside calling for me. I surprised him by ringing the front bell. I have boys at three different ages and stages. One kisses me three times passionately and hugs me tight before heading out the door in the morning. Sometimes he will run back in for one last kiss if he doesn't see the bus barreling down the street. Another kisses me intently, but quick, and is gone without looking back. Unless I bang on the front window to get him to stop whipping acorns at close range at his brother. Then he looks back suddenly innocent with that " what,who, me?" look. And, my oldest who no longer comes in my room to kiss me before he's off for the day. It's kind of sad, but I guess normal. On the weekends though, when he sleeps in and stumbles down the stairs later morning his instincts kick in. He will come to me for a good morning hug before he remembers he is 14 and this may no longer be cool. Me, I take what I can get.



1 comment:

  1. K, your pictures are lovely. I have enjoyed looking at them. I love to look at photography blogs...I get lots of ideas. Thank you for your comment on my blog. The sweetest little boy playing "peek a boo" :) Have a great day!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete