Welcome!
It is my intention to post photographs that I would like to share. I welcome feedback from anyone willing to follow along. Just double click on any photo to enlarge.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Finally



Finally, a few decorations are up. All over the blogosphere are gorgeous photographs of Christmas decorations. I finally rallied and decorated our mantel. On Friday eve we put up the tree. For the kids mostly. Gabe is so excited and in love with Christmas. A 5th grader, the youngest of 4, who still believes in Santa and The Elf on the Shelf??!! When did I lose that? Last night just before bed I noticed the tree was totally dry, not drop of water in the stand. Arrgh! Another thing I feel compelled to keep hydrated. I put the boys in charge of outdoor lights. On Saturday afternoon we came home from Donovan's first swim meet to find that our 16 year old son had fashioned the lights into a large phallic design on the front lawn. Dad was the one who had the benefit of viewing this in its twinkling glory and quickly pulled the plug. I got to hear the story second hand and view the deflated pile of what once had been. I found this a little humorous I must say, and very unsatisfying as the lights are now in a tangled pile just inside the front door on the floor. I am considering plan B :) . As you can see I am truly working against the tide her with my decorating for the holidays. Maybe Santa, or the elf on the shelf would be willing to help. I think I need some Christmas magic.

3 comments:

  1. OMG (your light display)!!!
    Would have loved to have seen the look on your husband's face when he first saw it! :-)

    I absolutely love the photographs of your fireplace. It is really very beautiful.

    Thank you so much for sharing this week at The Creative Exchange.

    Have a wonderful evening!

    lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the stocking have been hung in hope that Santa will be there very soon. Such a pretty shot...full of holiday cheer. The processing is lovely. genie

    ReplyDelete